Welcome to Monterrey in November for the 2022 World Urban Parks Congress!
The call for abstracts aims to receive information on projects around the world that want to be presented at the World Congress of Urban Parks. This congress will be an in-person event with selected conferences and activities on line.
The proposals received with the greatest probability of being accepted to be part of the program are those that adhere to our theme and tracks.
- Architects, urban planners, landscape architects, habitat designers.
- Sociologists, anthropologists, marketers, economists and administrators.
- Public officials of the three levels of government.
- Environmentalists, associations, and nonprofit organizations.
- Any other person interested in sharing their knowledge and projects on public space with the attendees.
Limit to send proposalsMay 15, 2022 at 11:59 (GMT-6)
Communication of resultsJune 2022
Call for Presentation Specifics
- If the proposal is accepted, when indicated, the speaker must sign the privacy agreements, terms and conditions, share their presentation (visual support material), since this material will be made public on the web platform of the National Association of Parks and Recreation of Mexico and the World Urban Parks after the dates of the congress.
- The National Association of Parks and Recreation of Mexico and the World Urban Parks reserve the right to designate the time of intervention of the selected proposals.
- We encourage the distribution of this Call for Presentations.
- The Congress Content Committee reserves the right to make final presentation selections and edit descriptions and speaker biographies.
- By submitting a proposal for consideration, it is understood that you are committed to be present and to participate as proposed, if accepted.
- Additional information on presentation logistics and conference details will be forwarded to all successful applicants.
- The purpose of the session type, size, format, and audience selection questions is to ensure a diversity of session topics and styles. We will endeavor to accommodate your preferences for style and audience size. However, due to the format of this congress, no guarantee can be given as to the level of attendance at any session.
The selected speakers will be granted a courtesy ticket for the days of the congress. The courtesy ticket includes:
- Diploma of participation as a speaker.
- All keynotes and sessions.
- Entrance to the commercial exhibition “Expo Parques”.
- Social events.
- Special discounts.
Note: Expenses related to registration for workshops, transportation, lodging, meals, and speaker fees are not included in the courtesy ticket.
FILL OUT THE FORM
If your proposal includes another speaker, it is important to register all speakers.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Sending the abstract does not guarantee your acceptance, nor your registration as a congress attendee.
WAIT FOR THE RESULTS
You will receive the results of the call on the established dates.
Type of session:
You must create a title that reflects the essence of your session and must be 12 words or less.
Select the track to which it is aligned.Description:
Concisely and clearly describe your session; This should be 200 words or less. If your session is selected, the description will appear on our website, make sure it is attractive and invite attendees to attend it.
Justify the importance of your abstract, identifying how your project/initiative/research solves a problem related to public space and how it relates to the tracks of the congress. There are no limit in the number of words.Goals:
The session should have clear and measurable learning objectives. Please list 3.Type of session:
You can make a personal proposal or together with other participants. These can be collaborators of your same organization, but not limited to it. You will be able to make a session proposal with colleagues from social projects, offices, universities - even from different cities or countries! It is important to have the personal information of all the speakers involved in the proposal with a maximum of 2 people.